Layered Voice Analysis
LVA is a professional investigation focus tool using the proprietary Layered Voice Analysis technology from Nemesysco. It is a non-intrusive, language-independent and accurate tool to identify truthfulness and deception amongst other things (Nemesysco, 2015).
It analyses the entire audible spectrum of the voice, capable of detecting and measuring many different psychophysiological reactions that are indicative of changes in the tested party’s perception. The technology is non-invasive and provides a psychological diagnostic tool to detect potential fraud and risk areas in assessed cases classifying them into Low, Medium and High Risk.
- Human Resource Industries
- Medical and Funeral Insurance
- Short-term Insurance
- Integrity and general honesty within the following sectors:
- Security, warehousing, logistics and retail industry
- LEXForensics managed to onboard a very sceptic client that has made use of RA7 services through our competitors. Our approach was underpinned by our commitment to quality and the stringent application of correct testing procedures. We were able to demonstrate the value and insights garnered though this technology, which in turn led to them becoming one of our biggest clients.
- One of our clients received quite a significant number of cell phone claims each month. We conducted a RA7’s on all the submitted cell phone claims from that client. Once their clients realised that the company has put preventative measures like the RA7 in place, the number of cell phone claims dropped considerably.
- We were given the rare opportunity to test the outcome of an investigation with the RA7 to establish whether the findings of the investigation were substantiated and whether the client was taking a chance. Based on the infographic below, one can clearly see that the outcomes were exactly the same:
Our forensic analysts also do desktop investigations to assist our insurance clients with work that stretches far and wide across the country. Our entire desktop investigative service is initiated through Layered Voice Analysis, which is a language independent and accurate tool to identify truthfulness and deception, amongst other things. This unique approach allows us to act on the insights gained by this technology and focussing the investigation that ensues. Our desktop investigators correspond electronically and telephonically to all the parties involved, record all conversations and complete and collect all supporting documents electronically, which is compiled in a comprehensive report.
- Short term insurers, where there are red flags on a claim, but where the quantum does not justify a full merit investigation.
- Long term insurers suspecting identity fraud during a funeral claim – validating whether the deceased is actually deceased and whether the beneficiary is who they say they are.
- Long term insurers also make use of this service on their disability benefit claims, when it comes to determining the workability of the insured.
- Over the last 6 months, we have recommended rejections on insurance claims at a staggering rate of almost 30% of all the claims we’ve investigated. This translates into massive returns on investment for our insurance clients, by not paying out fraudulent claims.
- Our tracing service is anchored on a vast resource of tracing platforms and various tools, underpinned by our expertise in obtaining information from liable parties. Our aim is to provide our clients with accurate and actionable information required to either recover accidental damages or to get in touch with lost beneficiaries.
- We deliver a discrete trustworthy forensic tracing services to our client base which includes Private Individuals, Organizations, Insurance Companies, Attorneys and Pension Funds.
- We have successfully helped and are still helping a very prominent pension and provident fund, trace long lost beneficiaries and validating their members’ latest information.
- We have created a unique tracing function enabling insurers to segment large batches of claims according to financial indicators. All we require is an ID number, then we’ll provide three financial indicators for that person, enabling our clients to make a better decision about the possibility of recovering accident damages from them. This is a cost-effective way in dealing with backlog of claims, or those that haven’t been finalised yet. We have segmented over 4600 claims for one insurer over two months.
- Probate Research deals with finding heirs and proving their right to an inheritance. In some estates there may be no known heirs, or there may be missing heirs whose names are known, but their contact information is not. In any instance where there is insufficient information available about an heir, professional researchers (AKA heir hunters), work to trace the next-of-kin. In some cases, we work together with a highly experienced Genealogist who does Ancestry Research to build Family Trees and histories by searching public records and archives to identify the extended family of the deceased. In many cases the heirs that are finally identified have little or no knowledge of the person from whom they are inheriting.
- We deliver trustworthy probate research services to Attorneys; The Guardian Fund; Pension Funds and we also assist international Probate Research Firms with tracing heirs who reside in South Africa.
- One of our international partners, Finders International, referred a case to us where the deceased heir of an estate emigrated to South Africa in 1955 on a ship named “SS Rhodesia Castle” (sourced from an Outward Passenger List from 1955). It was believed that she was married in Rhodesia in 1961 and had three daughters. Armed with the name and date of birth of the deceased heir, we were able to trace all four her children who will subsequently inherit from the original estate.
- We have successfully helped and are still helping a very prominent pension and provident fund, trace long lost beneficiaries, of whom some are deceased. We are then tasked to locate their next-of-kin who are due these benefits.